Friday, December 28, 2012

Playing Catch Up...Part 2 of 3

The end of October was simply splendid. We had a fabulous Halloween party hosted by the Jaynes' Family, which I got no pictures of.
(if anyone has any they want to send us, that would be really great...). 

Jill had games for us to play, and treats to eat, and Steve told his traditional story of Ed--with his paper-bagged brains, and fingers, and eyeballs, and scalped hair...(shudder). 

The next day we, along with Matt's parents, traveled to Cedar City  to see Les Miserables at the Shakespearean Festival. 

Enjoying the kinda long drive down to Cedar City

Steve and Jill had never seen Les Mis before, and I was so excited to share this experience with them! 
(Thank Heavens they loved it, or there would have been a confrontation)(I kid, I kid.)
(But seriously.)

We stopped at a lovely little restaurant, The Depot Grill, for dinner before the show. Matt swears it's the best steak he's ever had, so if you find yourself in Ceder City, it comes highly recommended by Matt. 


I've never been to a bad production put on by the Shakespearean Festival, so I was extremely giddy to see how they did Les Miserables.



We had pretty incredible seats, smack dab in the middle. The set was beautiful, and the cast was awesome.

 : Image
 : Image

(I liked Enjolras--even if he did forget that he was supposed to be singing his lines, not speaking them)

As everyone knows Les Mis is my absolute favorite, and they did not disappoint. So fantastic! 
Yes, I was a little nit-picky about how they decided to do some things 
(I still don't understand why they stopped using the rotating stage)
but overall I give it a solid A. 


Good work Shakespearean Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment